Money you - Online banking security
There are fairly simple rules for safe Internet banking:
1. Try to use the same computer every time you access an account and while making transactions with money you own.
2. Use a computer that can be taken with you anywhere.
3. Choose a hard to guess password using a random combination of symbols, numbers and letters. Don't use dictionary words or your personal information (like address, birthday's date, name, etc).
4. To enhance your online banking security change your password frequently.
5. Don't share your login with anybody else.
6. Turn off auto-complete or a similar tool on every computer you use for e-banking.
7. Obviate using unfamiliar computers for any e-banking transactions with money you own.
8. Don't use public terminals in shopping malls or airports for e-banking options with your money.
9. Make it clear that you use your e-banking through a wireless connection only in the case you are certain about the connection is safe.
10. Set up Account alerts.
11. Scan your computer system regularly with updated spyware and anti-virus software in order to secure operations with money you have.
12. Avoid accessing the banking website via a link. Type in the address in your browser, or you can save the address in your "Favorites"
13. Try not to open any other website while you are logged into your account page.
14. Since you are finished with your online banking process, ensure that you log out and shut down the window.
15. Don't trust a PDF payment proof, since these document types are exposed to fraud aims.